Thursday, April 12, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #134

Stampin' Sisters in Christ is inspired by scripture and there's a new challenge every Sunday and I look forward to each and every Sunday! (I get double the pleasure bc I'm challenge coordinator at LM, which is Sunday also!) The scripture this week is:



SCRIPTURE: 
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."  Hebrews 12:2-3

This is the 1st time I've made one of these cards and it was actually fun to make, I got the instructions from YouTube. It's a recessed frame card.
I didn't get my quilled cross exactly even and it bugs me but... I cut out a frame using Grand Spellbinders and embossed a matt with my Cuttle Bug. Added some jewels and WALA! 
I used 2 sentiments from Digi Darla's. You can find more here. She not only makes excellent digi's that you can color but some pretty awesome sentiments as well!
The challenge is:
CHALLENGE: 
Make a joy-ful card;
                            something celebratory!
 I made this Birthday card for REV DARRL WATTS whose birthday is tomorrow and is now recovering from a stroke! (Quite a joyous occasion!) He used to give services at Mountain View Nursing Care where my Grandmother stayed! CHECK OUT THE OTHER AWESOME INSPIRATION by clicking Stampin' Sisters in Christ on my side bar.

2 comments:

  1. That is great news about your Rev .. recovery is definitely a joyous occasion for sure. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what a beautiful quilled cross. That had to have taken a long time. I am so impressed! The recessed frame works so well to showcase your cross.Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ. I hope you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete