Sunday, September 11, 2011

Scrapbookers Anonymous & Fashionable Stamping Challenges

 Scrapbookers Anonymous had a mini challenge,"only journaling, no pics" I thought of the perfect LO. I didn't take any pics of my Brother in the Air Force (I THOUGHT!) I also did some more journaling above my tag and tore and distressed the edges. I guess I'm kind of a hoarder. These are letters he sent and this is his ACTUAL hair!
At Fashionable Stamping we were challenged to make some sort of a tag. I did manage to find one incy pic and I made a tag with it. I stamped the corner stamps and some decoration and the date with some stamps from my rather large stash. I also covered the chipboard tag with some DP. I distressed and tore the edges so it would look old.


11 comments:

  1. Hi!!!! love what you did for the journal challenge. what a great memory. I have a brother who is 11yrs older than me and he joined the Army when I was 7. I thought he was so cool and I cherished his letters and little items he sent home. I can relate..

    Thanks so much for playing with our mini challenge. I hope you find a few more to play along with. Lots more coming up..
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique tag! Very handsome. Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, what a gorgeous tag, very clever stamping. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tribute to your brother!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your special tag with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge. Some very clever work on the tag. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the journaling challenge! Thanks for celebrating our birthday with us over at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your journaling page. Thanks for joining in the celebrations over at Scrapbookers Anonymous.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous LO! Wonderful keepsake, both the tag and lo! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow a tremendous job with this tag Denise, love all the inking and distressing.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi. Just popping by to let you know you won a prize at scrapbookers anonymous. Please email me your address and I'll get it out asap. Thanks and congrats. =)

    ReplyDelete